Argentina Student Visa Instructions
Students studying abroad in Argentina obtain their student visas in Argentina at the start of their programs. In order to make sure that you will be able to obtain your visa in-country, please follow the following instructions carefully.
You can download all this information from the Argentine Visa Handbook.
- Semester or Academic Year students are required by Argentine law to obtain a student visa.
- Summer Term students who are U.S. citizens do not need a visa.
- Students who are not U.S. citizens may need to obtain a visa prior to arriving in Argentina and must should consult the local Argentina consulate in their country of residence about visa requirements. Please contact Spanish Studies right away if you think you need to obtain a visa prior to the start of the program.
- Make sure that you have a passport that is valid for at least six months after the end of your program.
- Budget approximately $145 for visa costs once in Argentina.
- Students planning to stay in Argentina for an Academic Year should bring with them a certificate of lack of criminal record (legalized by an Argentine consulate in North America or with an apostille). Please consult your student handbook or call Spanish Studies Abroad at (413) 256-0011 for more details.