Summer Professional Development
for Spanish Teachers
At the University of Alicante, July 2023
What do we offer Spanish teachers?
A professional development opportunity – in beautiful Alicante, Spain – to learn about the latest language-learning techniques. You will gain new tools, ideas, and resources to incorporate into your teaching.
The course is planned in independent but complementary sessions, of 4 hours each, with a clear practical orientation, where teachers will have the opportunity to participate in the activities that they will later use with their students.
Experienced language teachers will send you home with practical approaches to use in your classroom
- A skills-building seminar
- 4 classroom hours (9am – 1:30pm, Monday – Friday, 30-minute break included)
- memorable cultural activities in the afternoon.
- A team of experienced teachers from the university’s Centro Superior de Idiomas will provide the in-class content.
- Language of instruction: Spanish
Itinerary & Syllabus
One classroom session will be dedicated to each of the following (actual titles may vary slightly):
BLOCK 1 - WHAT DO I TEACH? CAN I MAKE IT EVEN BETTER?
BLOCK 2 - WHO DO I TEACH? STUDENTS IN THE XXI CENTURY
Pricing of the program if you choose:
- Homestay – $1,300 (full board)
- Residence Hall – $1,800 (full board)
- Independent Housing – $1,000 (meals are not included)
Included in the price: airport pick-up, tuition, housing (if selected), city tour, trip to Valencia, visit to winery, cooking workshop, beach trip and health insurance. Transcripts are provided by the Universidad de Alicante (2 ECTS or 1 US Semester Credit).
Prices do not include airfare or transportation within Spain
Have a question?
Can I have a 15-minute video call? Do you have any virtual info sessions?
There will be virtual info sessions in April and May. Please reach out for more details.
If you’d like to book a 15-minute video call with our team, please use the following link!